Custom Design Process
Imagine controlling every design element of jewelry you purchase so that you end up with a truly one-of-a-kind piece.
That's not fantasy, that's custom jewelry design with Emily Emmett.
Here's how it works:
- Schedule initial consultation: Schedule a phone consultation with me here or reach out to me directly to set up a time.
- Project Discussion: In the first call, we will discuss what kind of piece you have in mind, who it's for and why, and any preferences you (or the receiver) has around stone type, setting, style, etc. It's ok if you don't know specifics! I have a lot of questions and ideas to guide you. Follow-up calls or meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
- Project Agreement: Once we agree to work together, I'll ask for a deposit to get started on the project we've discussed. This covers my design time plus any initial materials I need for the design.
- Design Work: I'll provide you with a design proposal, usually in the form of a CAD design or hand-drafted rendering. You can either approve the design as-is or request modifications. More than two rounds of modification may incur additional charges. Depending on your design, I may ask you to view and select stones during this stage.
- Fabrication: Once you approve your design and stones, fabrication begins. Because your piece is one-of-a-kind and made-to-order, it may take up to 3-4 weeks to be completed.
- Completion: Once your design is finished, it will be shipped fully insured to you and you will pay the balance on your account. Time to enjoy, celebrate, and show off your unique design to all your friends and family!